Friday, December 30, 2011

Shanghai, a familiar and yet not-so-familiar place

Well, I did not do much sight seeing in Shanghai even though I was there for a few weeks. I was probably too focused on scouting for good restaurants. But here is a few picture of the places I went to.....

IFC @ Pudong
I was quite impressed by this integrated development, which comprises office building, hotel and a retail mall. This is developed by the HK developer, Sun Hung Kai. The retail mall reminded me of ION Orchard. Similar to ION, the mall seems to be divided into 2 stacks of retailers. Those on ground level and above are the premium brands like LV, Cartier, Gucci etc while the stack below has local retailers and more casual dining restaurants. By the way, IFC houses Morton on the 4th level.

Had originally wanted to go for a movie here but was stunned by the movie ticket price of RMB120 per tic i.e. ~S$24. I could easily watch two movies in SG and still have some money left for snacks. Didn't know it is so pricey to catch a movie there.

You can also find City Super here, which is a supermarket selling imported products. Here, you can find products from Japan, Korea, HK etc. Though the supermarket is small, it boosts quite a well range of products. The other retail mall you can find a supermarket selling imported stuffs is near Kerry Hotel. The supermarket is called Ole and it is much larger, with a wider range of products and there is even a section dedicated to wine only.


Superbrand Mall
This shopping mall is right besides IFC but it gives a totally different shopping experience. It is huge and if my memory did not fail me, it should be about 10 storey high. Even though it also boosts of international brands like Uniglo, Espirit, Charles & Keith, Zara, H&M, Mango, but somehow this mall is a little less organised than I would have liked it to be. Maybe I am too used to shopping in a very organised manner.

The Bund
Most people, whether they have been to Shanghai or not, would know about the Bund. I believe this is what they used to call 外滩 or 上海滩.

From the Bund - Overlooking at Pudong
Puxi - Colonial buildings lining along the Bund


No comments:

Post a Comment